Coaches... I need advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Find a good game/ tourny in your area at the level you are going to be playing and invite them to come out and watch it with you.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Let me get this straight, you want to tell the owner of a brand new softball organization that his daughter is too good to play for his organization?
Then you're going to tell them that the organization you'll be starting is going to be way better than his and that his daughter should switch to your team.
Sure why not? Sit down and have a talk with them.

Mar 5, 2013
Will be 11u next year. The parents know there is no discipline or any form of hard work on the current 11u team (which the kid would be on next year if she didn't go our way)

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
So this an 11u who knows she wants to play d1 ball and you think playing in her current situation will ruin her chances of competing at that level? Are you joking?

Mar 5, 2013
The younger the kid the easier to break bad habits and teach good ones. So yea, I think if a kid plays rec ball (or rec-like) until she's 14-15, too many other girls have passed her. Unless she works EXTREMELY hard and has a huge amount of raw talent.

Mar 29, 2012
So in so many words you are going to tell the owner of the organization that his organizaion sucks and his DD should come play for you.

And by you saying "his" organization I am guessing this is some sort of travel org and he is the head and not a community rec team.

I am sure the conversatin will will courtious and thoughtful and will end well so go for it.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Strong Organization that has 11U teams???? What sanction are you playing under? Also, just to throw it out there, your "planning" on taking the top 3 players from several teams to make this superteam. what happens when they don't want to?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06