Coach Teaching HE.... Frustrated Dad and DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Try these YouTube searches and see what you get:

"Softball Pitching"
"Softball Pitching Basics"
"Beginning Pitching Drills"

I'd bet that 90% of what you'll find is not accurate and helpful--however, it comprises the majority of the info out there. It's no wonder that so many teach this stuff. My hope is that the Rick and Mike Project will include YouTube cleansing software that will rid the internet world of misinformation!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2015
has anyone ever tried to talk to Finch about her style?

Finch doesn't care.

HE is nothing more than a marketing tool. The cynical side of me says Doug recognized early on he had a pitching prodigy and came up with a way to market her talent into a pitching style. Thus the birth of the "Hello Elbow Zone".

Jun 12, 2015
Finch doesn't care.

HE is nothing more than a marketing tool. The cynical side of me says Doug recognized early on he had a pitching prodigy and came up with a way to market her talent into a pitching style. Thus the birth of the "Hello Elbow Zone".

From what I saw of him at her camp last year, I think you're onto something.

Sep 29, 2014
While we bash her I think she honestly believes that even if that is not how she pitches (by watching slow motion video there is no doubt) it is the cue she uses.

Just seems odd that in such a tech savvy world and with all the swing analysis video being done that the is not a bigger movement to analyze the pitching motion.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I had a conversation with a HE coach and he also said that HE was healthier and bragged about how he consulted with local ortho docs (very scary) about how HE was a natural movement. He went on to say that girls that bend their elbow while pitching are just slinging the ball and that they wear themselves out after 3 to 4 years. Its a rare occasion that I am lost for words....the only thing that I could do and say was "thats an interesting perspective" and walk away.

You should have given him a FACEPALM!
Face palm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom