Cleats for pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 16, 2009
My daughter is 13 and has waterskis for shoes. She's a 11.5 or a 12 womens. She goes through cleats due to all the pitching practice. We've never had a "pitcher's cleat". I see 3n2 makes some. What do you guys all recommend for cleats?

Thanks

Mike

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Never tried the 3n2 shoe. We have tried the Nike 'pitching cleat'. Problem for us, the Nike was front toe reinforced. My 14 DD is a side foot dragger. So we have the same problem. We go through 3 pairs of cleats each season/summer.

Hope someone else has used 3n2 because I would like to know also.

Oct 22, 2009
My DD went through SO many cleats! I couldn't afford Ringors and when she went off to college she was thrilled that they supplied her with her very own pitchers Ringors. Problem was she drags on her right toe, but quickly rolls the foot over and finishes her drag on her pinky toe, where it is not reinforced. She probably went through about 9 pairs while in college.

Sep 21, 2009
KS
We've never tried Ringors, but our daughter uses a pitching toe, which works great! They are for baseball or softball can be placed on the right or left cleat, have never worn out before the rest of the shoe, do not need to be special ordered and cost $10. Our daughter is picky about the fit of her cleats, so this works best for us.

Last edited:
May 7, 2009
My daughter wore a hole in her toe just before high school playoffs. We didnt want to bring in a new pair, there was not enough time to break them in. I took her shoe to an old shoe repair guy, you know the type, he has been around for ages. For about $4 he sewed new leather on the front and you could barely tell it was new. Worked beautiful.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
My DD wears an 11.5 or 12 and was destroying cleats' toes at the rate of 2 to 3 pairs per season. We switched her to Ringors 1 year ago and now she wears out the rubber cleat before the toe. This year she moves to metal cleats so we expect a pair to last for at least a year.

Yes, Ringors are more expensive but IMO last way longer than any other DD has tried. We have saved money over the last year. On top of that, DD really likes the Ringor cleat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd