CF8 cracked after 3 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
I took DD out for batting practice off the machine today and noticed her bat didn't sound right.
Sure enough it was cracked. This was a 3 month old CF8 -11 31/20 that was a replacement for her cracked cf6 (which lasted 10 months).
Never used the bat with dimple balls. I'm pretty disappointed that it only made it 3 months. She also has a cf7 Insane which will have to be her primary bat for a while but she was hitting great with her cf8. My understanding is that if it is a replacement from Dimarini for a previously cracked bat they will not warranty (bat has a stamp - no returns).

Anyone else crack their cf8 yet? I don't think I can bring myself to give Demarini another $350 for a bat that may only last 3 months.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Maybe call customer service and explain that the bat cracked again. They may work with you

Certainly worth a phone call. Worst thing that can happen is they say "no", and if they do tell them your DD is switching to a Xeno....

Jan 3, 2014
In my experience, the -11 CF bats (maybe all -11 bats, I don't know) are pretty fragile. They (the CF -11 bats) do seem to be pretty hot. But, stronger kids will break them pretty regularly from what I've seen. Maybe you can try a -10 as the replacement?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In my experience, the -11 CF bats (maybe all -11 bats, I don't know) are pretty fragile. They (the CF -11 bats) do seem to be pretty hot. But, stronger kids will break them pretty regularly from what I've seen. Maybe you can try a -10 as the replacement?

I also recommend going to a -10 as quickly as possible....maybe the -11 breaking was a blessing! LOL

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
I'll try calling Demarini and see what they say.

I agree she may be better off with the -10. She been hitting real well with the -11 but she hits almost as well with her 31/21 cf7 insane, Insane just seems to have a smaller sweet spot and in her mind she could get around better with the -11 on faster pitchers. She's has been hitting in hard lately for a 10yo. Just wish these bats lasted a little longer. We had at least 4 cf6's crack on her team in the last 6 months.

Jun 12, 2015
We got a CF8 in Nov. I really hope it lasts longer than that. My husband is her AC and insists she doesn't need to use her old CF4 in the February/March tournaments when it's going to be 40 degrees out...sigh. Let us know what they say when you call them. Even with it being a no return one, you'd think they'd stand behind a product for longer than 3 months.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My DD has a Cf6 and it's fine. Main reason's I see bats cracking is improper storage of the bat. The bat shouldn't be in the garage or car when it's 35 degrees out. I had a few girls snap their bats at practice and it was 70 degrees and they didn't understand that leaving a bat outside for a week in freezing temps wasn't good.

May 20, 2015
Bradenton, FL
Were in Florida and haven't seen anything below 55 degrees in the past 3 months.
Bat is stored in the garage and it's never less than 60 or more than 80 degrees.
I'm thinking the drop -11 bats are just more fragile, just wondering how often they are breaking.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01