CBS Sports broadcasted the 18U Triple Crown Nationals tonight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just watched the Corona Angels (CA) beat the East Cobb Bullets (GA) 5-4 on a suicide squeeze play in the bottom of the 7th. Great game and it was almost in my backyard! I would have posted earlier, but I was at the game and just got home.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately I didn't realize it was on until the 5th inning. But I decided to watch it from that point on and I am glad I did. The last couple of innings were very good.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Who was in circle for EC?

Kelly Barnhill pitched back-to-back 7-inning games vs. Gold Coast Hurricanes then the Corona Angels. First time I have gotten to see her pitch in person. Very impressive, and she wears a mask!!!!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Kelly Barnhill pitched back-to-back 7-inning games vs. Gold Coast Hurricanes then the Corona Angels. First time I have gotten to see her pitch in person. Very impressive, and she wears a mask!!!!

Curious if she has she gotten to the point where she can throw a legal pitch. When we faced her in NJ and when I saw her at Diamond 9 she was a big time skippy. Mechanics were very similar to Nevins at USF.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Curious if she has she gotten to the point where she can throw a legal pitch. When we faced her in NJ and when I saw her at Diamond 9 she was a big time skippy. Mechanics were very similar to Nevins at USF.

She is still very skippy, but they never called her on it. We played in the 16U division and faced a pitcher that was about the same and I pointed it out to the FU, but he never called her on it. I thought about filming her, and posting the video on here for comments, but never got around to it.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
She is still very skippy, but they never called her on it. We played in the 16U division and faced a pitcher that was about the same and I pointed it out to the FU, but he never called her on it. I thought about filming her, and posting the video on here for comments, but never got around to it.

I have never seen an IP called at a TCS or any other showcase event. She throws damn hard and has decent movement, too bad about the mechanics. Very talented kid but unfortunately she is a case study on what happens when a kid rarely gets called for an IP. Will be interesting to see where she ends up in November.

Hope the DD rocked the circle. :)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have never seen an IP called at a TCS or any other showcase event. She throws damn hard and has decent movement, too bad about the mechanics. Very talented kid but unfortunately she is a case study on what happens when a kid rarely gets called for an IP. Will be interesting to see where she ends up in November.

Hope the DD rocked the circle. :)

Rumor around here is that she is going to Stanford or Florida, with Stanford being the odds on favorite. I heard that the Dartmouth coach is going to Stanford, so we will see how that plays out shortly.

DD pitched pretty well, but our defense was sub-par and our entire team is in a batting slump, so we did not fare very well. Playing in the Legacy Showcase this weekend, so I hope we get our bats going before ASA Nationals.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Rumor around here is that she is going to Stanford or Florida, with Stanford being the odds on favorite. I heard that the Dartmouth coach is going to Stanford, so we will see how that plays out shortly.

DD pitched pretty well, but our defense was sub-par and our entire team is in a batting slump, so we did not fare very well. Playing in the Legacy Showcase this weekend, so I hope we get our bats going before ASA Nationals.

Not two schools that I would normally associate with each other

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Very true. Lots of kids from Georgia want to play for the Gators but she does not fit the mold for a typical Florida pitcher. I know she is quite strong academically so Stanford by way of the soon to be former Dartmouth coach seems more plausible. Quite unusual that as a top 2015 prospect only 4 months from an NLI, she is still uncommitted. Which only makes the Stanford scenario more likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234