Can you use a T-Ball bat for fast pitch 8-U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2021
My daughter is going to be playing in 8-U this spring. She actually is good enough to play with the 10-U players. However, the 8-U team barely has enough girls to field a team. Here's my problem.

My daughter is one of the youngest 8-year-olds and is very small in general. She's only 50 pounds. The bat she's been using is 27 inches and 17 ounces. Although she does well with it, it's clearly too long and too heavy. When I look at fastpitch softball bats I can't really find anything that's 26 inches and 14 or 15 ounces unless they say T-Ball. I'm wondering a couple of things.

Can kids play fastpitch softball with a softball TBall bat? Are they constructed differently such that the ball won't carry as well?

This is an example of what I'm talking about. Notice it's 26 inches long and 14 ounces. That would be much easier for her to get around on. But it says T-Ball and is under softball bats

Rawlings Girls' Quatro T-Ball Bat 2018 (-13)

Comes in a 26" at 13 ounces.

Last edited:
May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Mizuno has a youth softball line that starts off at 24 -13 i believe (check with Core) and LS has a xeno as well that size. Jenny Finch has them too

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Yes. No one in 8U that I've ever seen or heard of is going to question a bat. So use what she's comfortable and confident with.

You are, however, missing a great opportunity to buy a $450 bat and be able to brag to the other parents about her new weapon.

Mar 21, 2021
Mizuno has a youth softball line that starts off at 24 -13 i believe (check with Core) and LS has a xeno as well that size. Jenny Finch has them too

I checked out the Mizuno line . Sure enough , the bats that size are marked as T-ball. I'm wondering if kids use these in U-8 fastpitch leagues

Oct 4, 2018
I checked out the Mizuno line . Sure enough , the bats that size are marked as T-ball. I'm wondering if kids use these in U-8 fastpitch leagues

Our 6U rec (and perhaps 8U after a few coach pitches) hit off the tee. So perhaps it's a "girl's fastpitch T-ball bat".

Mar 21, 2021
Now I'm really confused. Fastpitch T-ball seems like an oxymoron. In my daughter's league 8-U they do not hit off of a T.

Mar 20, 2019
We have girls only softball teeball, which uses 10 inch soft softballs for 4-5 year old. 6-7 is coach pitch with regular 11" balls and then 8-10 is kid pitch

In my experience, the Tee-ball bat will work just expect it to dent and maybe bed some. They get the drop 13 by thining out the walls. I think the Finch and Rawlings Storm start at 27 drop 13. Other than that it's teeball or the Easton Sapphire drop 10 which you can get starting at 24 inches. I have the same problem with my younger DD when she moved to coach pitch in the fall. I ended up getting her an Easton Ghost ( the non composite one) 27 drop 12 and have her choke up some. (Older DD tried using her Tee-ball bat in 8U and it bent like a pretzel, that was machine pitch at the time)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad