Bulletspin finally recognized

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2021
Yeah, I was trying the imagine that delicious sandwich spinning at high speed into the catcher's mitt...

Anyhoo, is there any spin that isn't 'gyro spin'? If its spinning, it has gyro forces, regardless of the spin axis.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Obviously gyro made me think of food ??

On bored with calling bullet spin is better!
Simply because it's more common understanding for description.
Now that there is more understanding of the different reasons a spinning ball may move. Hopefully people will be okay recognizing bullet spin can be effective.

Talking about description throwing this out here... for description purpose,
People stop being so ??frenzied about the word screwball. the ball can actually spin the direction of a screw regardless if there's a discussion about If It Moves. Screw is still a correct description word. So is there a screwball?! yes there is a pitch that spins the direction of a screw.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I watched all the games, bullet spin happens on curves, screwballs, change up’s. It’s not limited to Riseballs. Everyone throws 70. They’re not like Cat Osterman who always talked about spin in interviews. She would say if her spins were good, she was good, I see very few breaks happening, if anything they throw pitches that cut with bullet speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl