Bullet Spin

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
Unless I’m missing something, pretty much all the CWS pitchers (including Fouts) throw bullet spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
It seems that if you can throw that bullet spin fastball as hard as some of these girls are (throwing in the upper 60s to low 70s like Fouts, Garcia, Alexander, etc.) and precisely locate it, then it certainly works. The proof is there to see. Not sure it would work as well for mere mortals who are not Apex Predator power pitchers.

Fouts’s speed is obviously incredible, but what stands out as much to me when I watch her (especially in slow mo) is how many strikes she throws and how precise she is hitting the edges of the strike zone (esp. east and west).

Aug 20, 2017
Got a pitcher on my 14U team that throws bullet spin. Tops out at 57. She got smoked yesterday. What needs to be down to fix bullet spin?

Oct 14, 2019
oklahoma pitcher throwing that bullet spin. your pitcher needs movement and location.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Got a pitcher on my 14U team that throws bullet spin. Tops out at 57. She got smoked yesterday. What needs to be down to fix bullet spin?
If she threw every pitch with 12-6 spin, she would sooner or later get hammered. If she threw every pitch with 6-12 spin, sooner or later, she would get hammered.

The problem is she doesn't have another pitch to go with her bullet spin pitch.

Fouts has a good 12-6 drop which she uses with her bullet spin pitch. If your pitcher had a 12-6 drop along with her bullet spin pitch, then she would be really good.

And, for heaven's sake, please don't tell her to learn a curve or a screwball.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
And, for heaven's sake, please don't tell her to learn a curve or a screwball.
[/QUOTE]

This!!! ⬆⬆⬆⬆

Oct 14, 2019
i have rarely seen a curve ball moving horizontally. most of the times it’s simply a drop ball. rather have a drop ball anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86