Best team in WI for getting exposure

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
Falls Angels 16U just went 7-0 at in Findley, OH last weekend to become the ASA Eastern National Champs. I believe that team is moving to 18U next year. They are out of Menomonee Falls, WI (suburb of Milwaukee). That team and the 14U team practiced together and share coaches so this program is on the rise and close to your location. Tryouts for 2017 are Saturday Aug 6th.

Congrats to the Falls Angels, but the OP is looking for exposure. You're not going to find that at ASA B Eastern Nationals or any A nationals with a direction in the name. Nothing wrong with these tournaments. DD has played in the Midwest USSSA WS and ASA Northern Nationals. Theyre just not exposure tournaments.

Sep 10, 2012
As an update: We have tryouts set for Bats Academy next week and Firepro on the 21st. We are familiar with FirePro from playing with them the last 2 years and have talked to the Bats coach and a dad who's daughter has played for them and like what we hear.

Jul 31, 2011
As an update: We have tryouts set for Bats Academy next week and Firepro on the 21st. We are familiar with FirePro from playing with them the last 2 years and have talked to the Bats coach and a dad who's daughter has played for them and like what we hear.

If your desire is to stay relatively close to home, those two would be my recommendation. BATS first, FirePro second.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Is anyone familiar with the Mad City Devils organization? I've never even heard of them and they invited DD 3 for their new 14u team. Not just invited to tryouts, guaranteed spot on the team.

From what I have heard some people may not want to discuss this publicly so PMs are OK

Mar 26, 2016
BATS, WI Bandits, Fire Pro, WI Lightening would be the top four in the state. As far as IL teams I see people from WI go to Pro Player, Wasco, and the Sparks. MN the Speed, Force, and Lady Lightening look pretty good.

Beverly Bandits and the Chill don't have tryouts at older levels.

That kid from WI that plays for the Alabama Thunderbolts is actually also from the fox valley area and use to play for the Beverly Bandits.

If you check out BATS website they already have there 2016 projected schedule posted for each age level. They will have 2 U16 teams, with both playing a "national" schedule. There isn't a team in WI that plays that type of schedule yet at least.

BATS has a few kids that travel from the fox valley area

That D1 pitcher referred to earlier is a 2017 so she'll move up.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
As far as IL teams go, a fair number of Madison girls play with State Line Fury, but that is in Roscoe, in between Beloit WI and Rockford IL.

I was rather surprised recently. DD 3 played in a Beloit tournament where BATS and the WI Bandits sent teams, but nothing from State Line just a few miles away. Strange.

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
Depending on age, Stateline has been appearing at more tournaments in the suburbs. I think some of their teams are moving more toward 'A' level ball. Beloit tourneys are typically B/C. Surprised BATS were there actually

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
I believe stateline fury won whatever national tournament was in Kansas city recently. 16u. There are at least 3 girls from our city in WI on that team.

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
Congrats to the Falls Angels, but the OP is looking for exposure. You're not going to find that at ASA B Eastern Nationals or any A nationals with a direction in the name. Nothing wrong with these tournaments. DD has played in the Midwest USSSA WS and ASA Northern Nationals. Theyre just not exposure tournaments.

I am going to quibble a little bit with your statement MNDad :cool: While there was just a small smattering of coaches at the 18A directional nationals that we were at this year I was talking to a dad from one of the 16U teams that played in the 16A ASA Northern Nationals in Iowa and there was quite a good showing by coaches. He mentioned seeing University of Wisconsin, University of Minnesota, Drake, Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Northwestern, UW Lacrosse, UW Stevens Point, UW Stout, Minnesota State, St. Thomas, Creighton, Nebraska Wesleyan, Wayne State, Grinnell, Luther, Bradley, DePaul, Loyola. and many others. He estimated 30-40 coaches there for the first few days of the tourney. We were at a 16U Northern a few years ago and I think it was similar. For a player from the Midwest who wants go to school in the Midwest, I would say that is a fairly good "exposure" tournament. While differing from the true Showcase format, I am sure that any girls who did their homework and let the coaches know where and when they were playing got a look by some coaches from nearby schools that they are interested in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12