Best 12 " fast pitch softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
All the tournaments we play in, each team supplies a ball for each game. One time while we were hitting, I could tell the ball sounded dead. Between innings, I looked at the ball, and it said "for practice use only"! I waited untill after they hit then showed it to the ump. He made them replace it with an ASA aproved ball. I think they threw it in after one was hit out of play.

Oct 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
We use .375 COR in our LL. (that's what we are using). .47 COR will produce bigger hits.

Obbay - you are confusing COR numbers with compression numbers. COR is the Coefficient of Restitution, it is given as a percentage of how fast a ball with rebound off a solid object. .375 is a compression number, that tells how much force, in pounds it takes to compress the ball 1/4 inch. ASA Championship play uses the 375/47 ball.

Jan 24, 2011
We have had the best luck with the Worth KMaster and the Worth Dream Seam. I just got some samples of the new Evil Sports fastpitch ball and so far , it looks promising.

Dec 15, 2019
I'm in the market for 12" softballs. My DD isnt a pitcher but I want one that will last for years. I personally like the Dream Seam or Thunder Heat. Are there any vendors here that can get a better deal?

Jun 11, 2020
I'm in the market for 12" softballs. My DD isnt a pitcher but I want one that will last for years. I personally like the Dream Seam or Thunder Heat. Are there any vendors here that can get a better deal?
Direct Sports is pretty good. Realize the ASA Dudley Thunder Heat (red seams) consistently weighs in at 7.05-7.10 ozs. while the USSSA Dudley Thunder Heat (blue laces) weighs in at 6.30 ozs. Quite a percentage difference in weight. Sterling (PGF) wighs in at 6.85 ozs. and Dudley Heat NFHS balls tend to weigh in at 6.30 ozs. as well. If you are required to ever supply your own pitcher's balls, go with the ASA Dudley Thunder Heat -- you lose a couple of mphs, but the ball does NOT fly as far as the USSSA Thunder Heat.

May 20, 2015
leather is a better investment.....they last longer, even if they cost a little more

i always bought thunder heats as my practice balls......our rec league used diamonds for years, they were a good balance between cost & durability & good enough quality for rec play......used gameballs went into a bucket that we left at the fields for rec teams to use for practice

this summer when we used our own balls on defense, we went with dream seams because my pitchers preferred them......we found that more important than worrying about what the other team was going to hit; make your pitchers happy and it makes batters unhappy ;)

Jun 19, 2016
Dudley Thunders have the biggest seems. It isn't even close. I never thought about them weighing more but it makes sense. They also last forever.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I really like Sterling and Evil, Rawlings makes a good pitching ball.

There was a time around here when it was ONLY the Dudley Thunder Heat, it's a great ball but I just don't see them as much anymore!

And of course I talking all leather balls here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr