Bat "forgivingness"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
here's what the "expert' at Bat Warehouse had to say (comparing the NXT, CF5, and Xeno):

The CF5 will offer the most flex out of the three followed by the Xeno and Freak. If you're a power hitter the Freak will probably be the best option. If you're a contact hitter, the CF5 would probably be the best. If you're a little of both, the Xeno would be a great choice. All 3 have great pop.

Do you guys agree?

Dec 11, 2010
Redhotcoach- since you looked into those bats do you know what the difference is between the FPX700 and the NXT is?

29dad- Your golf club analogy is spot on. I would love to be able to try several bats. It is also clear to me that what works for one hitter doesn't work for another. I'm not sure about the above flex argument, guess I don't know why a bat flexing would be an advantage. All I know is that I see lots of cf5's and xeno's and I'm not terribly impressed with either. DD never hit all that well with her insane or regular balanced cf5 and her BFF hit a stealth speed much better than a Xeno. I'll add that in the past 2 weekends I have seen 5 over the fence home runs hit by three different girls and four were by rocket techs and one was by an ancient looking dark blue catalyst.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Sorry not to be much help, but I did ask Miken that question and that was when I got the "new technology" answer, no more.

As you are talking golf and flex, I think bats are kind of like drivers. Some people swing too hard for a flex graphite shaft and need a stiffer shaft. Some people will get good whip with the flexible shaft.

I was finding with my kid, and I have seen it on video, that she would occasionally swing and hit a ball that spun left to right and died in the air. Every thing she hits with the freak is going long. She does hit her rocketech in bp once in a will and the longest bp shot was with it, I would guess 230 in the air, but she doesn't use it much so she tends to pop up a lot.

I used to be into bike racing a little bit, and don't know if it's fair to compare the two, but I do know that of the 100s of brands and styles of carbon fiber bike frames, there are like 2 or 3 factories in the world that make them.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
We have the FPX700 which doesn't have the 2013 stamp like the NXT. They must be putting up the new bats on the Miken page because the bat page is blank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan