ball hit through net, seriously hurts young man.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I didn't know that this was possible. Check those screens.

please pray for board bro/softball injury
Please pray for my boy. We were takin bp yest and using a Louisville Slugger dual pichting screen. I hit a ball back up middle which tore through the net and hit him in his head. He has been in hospital since yest @ 5 w a cracked skull & brain bleed. Fellas please be careful out there. His board name is littled22

Jul 28, 2008
Wow, that's awful news. I hope he's okay.

I just looked up the screen and it's similar to the one we use. A dual net screen. I'm going to do an inspection of the netting next time I'm down there.

Jul 26, 2010
That's horrible, Amy. He'll be in my thoughts.

Any idea as to the age of the net? Most nets I've seen have the expected life cycle printed on the package, with different lifecycles for outdoor and indoor use. These things don't last forever, especially if they're left outdoors in the elements.

Coach's, it's your job to check and maintain your safety equipment, fields, and practice facilities, in fact, it's one of your most important jobs.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The man says that it was used 5 previous times and was always put away, correctly.

Maybe he will post some pictures.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
Probably no lawsuit there. You have to inspect those nets. After a lot of high use over six months the netting on the back of our batting cage has a hole worn in it. I'm having to get a heavier net to repair it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd