ASA vs. PGF team insurance.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I heard 3rd hand today that ASA will not recognize PGF insurance and that PGF will not recognize ASA insurance. Therefore, if teams plan to play in tournament of both sanctions, they will have to buy insurance through both. I wonder if both sanctions would recognize 3rd party insurance.....

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you want to play in the PGF Invitational Championship you have to purchase PGF insurance. Even if you were not invited and played in a "qualifier" under another insurance. The ASA part is news to me.

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I just heard through the grapevine today that Ford will no longer service General Motors vehicles under warranty and GM will no longer accept Ford warranties! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
SoCal ASA essentially requires JO teams buy ASA insurance because they require JO teams be registered individually (e.g. via RegisterASA.com) and that has insurance bundled with it - your only choice is the deductible. ASA is trying to get all associations to do the same thing.

As Riseball posted, PGF requires PGF insurance at their national championships. Teams are required to register with PGF to play in qualifiers, but they don't have to buy PGF insurance - they can use any insurance, including ASA. Many/most of the other PGF sanctioned events do not require teams to register with PGF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer