anyone tried the new Anderson Flexzilla?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2012
This bat looks very appealing. I can't find it in stores yet to test swing. My 11yo is looking to jump up a bat size. Any feedback appreciated. Thoughts on how it stacks up against high end all composites??

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I had talks with a guy at Anderson and one of their main distributors two weeks ago about their Rocketflex bat. What I found out is that these bats have the same pop as their all metal counterparts. What they offer is lighter weights. They now can go head to head with the -10, -11 and -12 drop composite competitors on a more even playing field.

After the talks, I determined, along with them, that since my DD has no issues swinging the -9 RockeTech, it would not be worth her while to switch over to the composite handled Rocketflex. I was glad I made the call before making the purchase.

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at the flexzilla because she needs a balanced bat. I know the rt has a good rep, but does the fz compare?

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I bought a TechZilla a couple years back (-10) and had a few girls on the team use it. One loved it and I gave it to her at season's end. I had no complaints about that bat and it was more balanced than the RT. The FZ is a -11 with the composite handle I can imagine if you're an Anderson fan there will be no complaints with the product.

The only complaint I have heard was with the NT. I have one leaning up against the wall and nobody wants to use it because of the bat sting they get when they use it. My own DD, who is tough as nails, ended up with tears in her eyes during BP from it. She hasn't picked it up since. Other than that, the ball does come off of it very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan