Another bat thread- looking for recs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2022
Hey all,

Seems like many of the 2025 bats will be coming out or already are out-and that means previous year models are getting some discounts. Shopping for my 14u slapper/contact hitter. I’ve been eyeing the whisper, xeno, and the lxts.

I’ve been pushing her to use the pwrcrbn she has but it’s a 30 and she prefers 32.

I’m trying to better understand drop weight and performance as well if someone can chime in.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The days of having many discounts on leftover bats are gone unless it's an unpopular model. You can still find some good deals, but you won't find a ton.

I assume you are looking for a 32-22? If so, you can go with any of the bats you mentioned, although I have never considered a Xeno or Whisper a slapper's bat. For a traditional slapper, you are less concerned with a power bat. You want a bigger barrel so you can put the ball in play. Slappers can use a -11 or a -10. I did see some girls using the new LS Kryo in college who were slappers.

I recommend the CF, LXT, and Marucci Echo Connect first, followed by the Kryo third, and the Easton DB Ghost, a distant fourth. Now, you will see girls using the Advanced and Unlimited for slapping, but I wouldn't say they are designed with slappers in mind.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Drops have nothing to do with performance...you buy what fits your daughter. I mean, 30 and 32 are wayyyy diff bats
weight wise...no wonder she wouldnt like a 30 inch bat.

And you can use whatever bat you want as a slapper as long as it feels good to your daughter

fp bats def arent like slowpitch bats...discounts wont be as steep as you get with slowpitch. Especially now
with manufacturers not making bats every year like they used to. You have 2 year runs on a lot of bats right now.
So just because you see one 2025 bat get released, doesnt mean every manufacturer's models bat will be coming out
with a 2025 and making 2024s outdated.

Jul 18, 2022
Last year, Wilson had a sale towards the end of September on some of their bats. I ended up picking up a 2022 LXT for an incredible price. I'm not certain if they are going to have it again and, if so, what bats will be discounted (most were not), but you could wait and see. I don't know much about slapping, but the one slapper that was on my DD's team used a CF.

May 19, 2024
My dd likes the cf and the whisper a lot as a slapper-she switch hits for power from the right side and says she prefers the whisper for that purpose but likes the cf better for bunting. Just her opinion though and she definitely has some interesting ones soooo 😂

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym