ALLIANCE TOURNY FORMAT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Speaking with an 18u coach yesterday. Who won and qualified for the alliance gig.

Was commenting the way its formatted
~in particular~
Playing day befor and
The super regionals day of 3 games same day.
To get get to more games in a row daily.

He commented two pitchers will not be enough.
Said its nice the event is trying to mirror wcws...
But it does not offer the same rest in the days of the event.
So they are considering not spending the $$$$$$$ traveling just to find out how much of an overload there couple pitchers can handle.

Generally know coaches always seek out better pitching and try to pick up for nationals. However
The talent pool needed is limited do to sooo many teams... Maybe only 2 strong pitchers per team? Or only 1 real #1 per team?

Anyone else considering this delema?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I would think most of the teams who make the finals will be really good and will have the pitching needed to compete. That's the way it works at the top right? Most teams will need 2 very good pitchers and then another 2 that are serviceable.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I would think most of the teams who make the finals will be really good and will have the pitching needed to compete. That's the way it works at the top right? Most teams will need 2 very good pitchers and then another 2 that are serviceable.
That would be 4 pitchers.

But Going with only 2???

Just feedback
The team mentioned won their qualifier and is one of those
'said top teams'.
(they are repeatedly at top pgf premier)

It did make an impression to me because the coach IS
having consideration to not blow out his 2 pitchers...weighing in the cost of event & combined travel cost. with concern for the game load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86