Alabama getting plunked

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
I know you know, so just to clarify... That's not necessary for HBP, it just removes responsibility for trying to avoid being hit.

If they're hanging over the plate, it would be interesting to see if the ball is actually outside the strike zone.

For the most part none of the college players make any attempt anymore to avoid being hit and are being rewarded with base awards regardless of where the ball is. There was one in the wcws last year that sure looked to me like it caught the I side corner of the plate but the batter hung a knee or elbow out and got 1st base.

My point of the question was if the ball isn't entirely in the batters box they must attempt to avoid. Unfortunately it seems many umpires now treat it as a free pass.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just read Littlejohn was 2nd player in Bama history to throw a perfect game today. If you haven't seen her, her curve ball is STUUUUUPID!!!

Mar 21, 2013
Just read Littlejohn was 2nd player in Bama history to throw a perfect game today. If you haven't seen her, her curve ball is STUUUUUPID!!!

They used to love bringing her in after Traina threw gas. They have been talking about how much she can spin the ball, and they were right..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom