Alabama getting plunked

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Beard hits a sixth batter, as Alabama ties a school record for most times hit-by-pitch in a game.

May 8, 2012
NJ
“@AlabamaSB: 2-0 count to McCleney, who still doesn't have an official at-bat today after being hit three times.

Jun 22, 2008
Be interesting to see if they are crowding the plate and if the ball is actually in the batters box.

Mar 26, 2013
Be interesting to see if they are crowding the plate and if the ball is actually in the batters box.
I know you know, so just to clarify... That's not necessary for HBP, it just removes responsibility for trying to avoid being hit.

If they're hanging over the plate, it would be interesting to see if the ball is actually outside the strike zone.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Was Farish Beard pitching? I thought she had pretty good control. I wonder if the batter was crowding the plate and "leaning into" some pitches?

Jun 18, 2010
From the Alabama softball website. Funny they described it as "effectively wild".

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Looking to avoid its first opening day shutout loss since 1998, Alabama came back in the top of the seventh inning as a clutch two-run hit by Chandler Dare set up the 2-1 Crimson Tide victory.

Dare's hit came after six tough innings for the Tide (1-0), as South Alabama (0-1) starter Farish Beard (0-1) was effectively wild, holding the Tide scoreless despite hitting six batters. That ties an Alabama school record for the most times hit by a pitch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom