A break through moment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Today was the first day I think dd fully understand leg drive. We have been struggling with many common leg drive errors seen to man, okay not that extreme, LOL, but it is nice to insert some humor into our struggles. We had the crow hopping, crop, hey look I am fully open so you can now see my back pocket, I am just going to high step a river(yes, that was a reference once and she took it to the extreme.) Anyway, it is nice to laugh at some of these bloopers as we are now finally seeing some drive instead of dragging her back foot. Now how to get it stronger…[video]https://youtu.be/WNY6SBsfWjc[/video]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WNY6SBsfWjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Wow! Very impressive! This is really huge and everyone involved in this gets huge congrats from me! I hope she can ingrain the new feel and build off of it. I believe this change is one of the hardest to make and to see this is very encouraging. If you get a chance, please share the cues that clicked for her.

Ken

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Wow! Very impressive! This is really huge and everyone involved in this gets huge congrats from me! I hope she can ingrain the new feel and build off of it. I believe this change is one of the hardest to make and to see this is very encouraging. If you get a chance, please share the cues that clicked for her.

Ken

When she gets home from school I will ask her and see if she will give some first hand insight,since she is a member here. She don't post but read the boards from time to time.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Nice work there! I just sent this video to my daughter so she can see. I think we're getting close but not quite there.

I am glad our video can help. We have learned a lot from many members of this board and glad that we can show the progress made. Good luck and keep working hard, she will get there.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
The first picture is frames from the more recent. 2nd picture is frames from older video. We worked on the angle she was coming off the rubber. In the 2nd one, she was going more up and opening early. In the 1st one, we work on pulling the foot into the rubber with her toe pushing into the ground. This allowed her to come up and out. She had a tendency to turn her foot first and going. We wanted to make certain she had enough pressure on the front foot to keep her from turning.
collage-2016-03-18_11-35-21-095.jpg
collage-2016-03-18_11-32-39-134.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowowihcw