8u playing with emotion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
My oldest DD was playing 12U last spring. At one point in a game, we had the pitcher crying (I don't remember why), the 1st baseman crying (she got yelled at for letting a ball get past her), and the catcher crying (my DD, who I yelled at to block the ball, since she just gave up a steal at home). I have no clue if we won or lost, I don't remember and it doesn't matter. And they were all crying for various reasons. My DD was crying because she was mad at herself.

I would take a team full of girls who put emotion into the game as opposed to ones who could care less if they win or lose.

Jan 25, 2011
Well two years ago in LL all-stars 9-10 yro,we went to states.Lots of hard work,sweat and tears.We went and where knocked out on the 3rd day.I look around at my girls in the field and in the dug out.They have tears,they know this was it the end of the run for us.I'am a 39yro man at the time,it brought tears to my eyes.You spend all this time with these great kids,and you become a family.If you don't have emotion then what are you in it for?

Jun 9, 2010
emotion

yah i ask my dd if the coahes talked to the team and wife said no that all they did was get the trophy and they left .no thank you to girls for all the hard work that they did.they in my eyes look like they just did not care only if they had won. the one thing i did see was the 2 coaches just get in there cars ,leaving the parking lot.one of them got on his facebook and thank everybody but the girls,like his wife the league and all his freinds.and the other said thank you on the league web site and that was all.oh well i am done with this and thanks to all that responed to to this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321