2022 Easton Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, its a tricky slide for sales. Release is 1/27 but retailers are not supposed to sell before 2/3. Easton is just
releasing to dealers right now...so shipments will be coming over over this week.

That being said, any dealer selling before 2/3 better date the receipts properly...haha

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would encourage anybody buying Easton bats to purchase from Core Softball Sales. Todd/Core has very good prices & excellent service.
Also the release date was changed today from 2/3 to 1/27 according to Easton on Twitter.
Thank you MB...i think we are extremely well priced for the new 2022 ADV :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The DS is
Can’t wait for your update, been ready to buy this bat for awhile but didn’t like the 22 ghost dual stamp, just didn’t seem the same as the adv or even close
The DS is not an ADV...diff bats. The 2022 DS takes a few more swings than the 2020 as they changed it a bit
as well. The new ADV will take a few more swings than the 2020. But give it a few, same performance

Apr 28, 2019
Well, its a tricky slide for sales. Release is 1/27 but retailers are not supposed to sell before 2/3. Easton is just
releasing to dealers right now...so shipments will be coming over over this week.

That being said, any dealer selling before 2/3 better date the receipts properly...haha
I got tired of waiting and one finally popped-up on EBay. I don’t think the guy knew what he had because it was just advertised as Ghost Adv no year given.
Manufacture date is 7/21 with no stamps of any kind on it. I never pay asking price but is was $310 buy now so I couldn’t resist.

Oct 4, 2018
I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but we do warm up our bats gently. Some light tee work, one-handed drills, etc. for the first 100 swings or so.

Even if it doesn't nothing to preserve the bat (DD is at 22 months on her original Ghost), I like the lesson it teaches about caring for crap that costs dad half a paycheck.

Apr 28, 2019
We pretty much
I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but we do warm up our bats gently. Some light tee work, one-handed drills, etc. for the first 100 swings or so.

Even if it doesn't nothing to preserve the bat (DD is at 22 months on her original Ghost), I like the lesson it teaches about caring for crap that costs dad half a paycheck.
We pretty much break them in with a couple hundred swings rotating barrel 1/4 turn each swing and then just soft toss & live pitching. We generally get 2 seasons out of them .

Apr 28, 2019
We pretty much

We pretty much break them in with a couple hundred swings rotating barrel 1/4 turn each swing and then just soft toss & live pitching. We generally get 2 seasons out of them .
Ok so not much to report unfortunately on 22 Ghost Advanced.
I had to work late so wife brought girls to lessons. I asked the hitting coach to get some exit velo’s for me which he did.
The Hittrax system was in use do he used radar gun.
1st off #1 DD is 16 5’ 2” and an A level player. She had her best recorded EV last Spring on Hittrax at 77 MPH with 1st Batch 32” 22 2018 ASA Ghost.

She commented the 22 Adv is not hot out of the wrapper like the LXT’s. She did a little tee work with the Adv to get things started.

Reading were taken during soft toss.
70 was her best # of the night with the 33” 23 Meta.
Most of the bats have at least 300 swings on them.

My 2nd DD is not a TB player just HS. She is 16 5’ 4” and 125Lbs.

Her best # was 60 MPH with 2021 LXT Limited Edition 33” 23.

The bats used were:

2022 Meta 33” 23
2022 LXT 33” 22
2022 Ghost DS 33” 23
22 Ghost Adv 33” 23
2021 LXT LE 33” 23
2021 Mantra 33” 23
2021 FNX 33” 24

I don’t know the order bats were hit but it was 10 balls each and he just gave me bats with highest EV & best avg.

Jul 31, 2019
Not regarding the 2022 Advanced but, I have worked with the following bats recently:

Meta - Did not like the "feel" of the bat at all. Heavy feel (more than the ghost), exit velocities were consistently 2-4 mph lower than the Ghost Adv, and ball does not "jump" off it. Feels like your hitting a Titanium bat. None of my students that tried it liked it. Sending it back because something broke free inside the barrel. In its defense, the bat did not go through a break in period

Mantra - Bat felt ok, but it was very still at contact. It got better as it was broke in. Although the exit velocity was 1-2 mph less than the Ghost Adv., you had to have a high bat speed to get there. Had a smaller sweet spot. I have a current player still using it, but most do not like it. Although we don't use it, the Blast sensor housing fell out, a week weeks after receiving it.

Ghost DB 2022 - cracked 45 minutes into practice on the first day. Disappointing to say the least

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs