2021 ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
No deception...eastons description is the same description as on the regular paint job adv.

They are telling you the Gold is a paint job,
and I have been told that as well buy numerous people. I was told this 3 months ago when my guy told me a repaint exclusive was coming out. And come on folks...they arent gonna pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to research and develop a whole new bat...to only limit sales to 2000 to a few stores. Or does this sound more sensible? Repaint
a color on a bat after its been out for 1.5 years when the new one isnt due out for 6 months and make a quick 2000 bat sales
to a few stores to get a quick "refresh" sales jump.

This is the description for the regular paint ADV here...whats the deceptive part???
"The hottest bat in the game that is approved for ALL fields, just got hotter: the Easton® Ghost Advanced® fastpitch bat. Its second-generation DOUBLE BARREL 2™ design combines a lighter inner barrel with a stronger outer barrel, delivering the lowest compression in the game for maximum barrel flex and performance. Launch Comp™ Composite Technology allows for a longer, lighter, stronger barrel, creating an even bigger sweet spot. And now, our best feeling two-piece bat just got better: ConneXion Evolution™ delivers almost zero vibration by doubling the amount of Nitrocell™ foam injected into the ConneXion™ joint. Power Boost™ Soft Knob technology provides more leverage and power potential, all while reducing vibration and improving comfort for the bottom hand. Custom Lizards Skins™ grip, providing players with best-in-class feel, cushion and tack. Available in a -10 Dual Stamp model and approved for play in ASA (USA), USSSA (fastpitch only), NSA, ISA and ISF."

The only BS is the store that says what they want to try and sell bats. They cant just say its a paint job, then people
wont pay the extra money :)
You and I know both well.... the average parent that’s not in the “know” is going to read that and think it’s been upgraded. Majority of parents aren’t going to go look at the description of the OG advance and compare.

“And now, our best feeling two-piece bat just got better: ConneXion Evolution™ delivers almost zero vibration by doubling the amount of Nitrocell™ foam injected into the ConneXion™ joint.”

I mean c’mon. Lol.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You and I know both well.... the average parent that’s not in the “know” is going to read that and think it’s been upgraded. Majority of parents aren’t going to go look at the description of the OG advance and compare.

“And now, our best feeling two-piece bat just got better: ConneXion Evolution™ delivers almost zero vibration by doubling the amount of Nitrocell™ foam injected into the ConneXion™ joint.”

I mean c’mon. Lol.

Whats misleading...it says the same thing in the ADV description? Its talking about the bat, which IS AN ADV...so you use the same
description. The wording isnt any diff...exact same thing. The best selling two piece bat they are talking about is the regular dual
Ghost.

I would think a normal person would look at the price of both, read the descriptions of both and realize it was just copied over. I mean, if you are reading the description off the EASTON site, then I am assuming you are on the site already and have looked at the description on the regular ADV too.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
Whats misleading...it says the same thing in the ADV description? Its talking about the bat, which IS AN ADV...so you use the same
description. The wording isnt any diff...exact same thing. The best selling two piece bat they are talking about is the regular dual
Ghost.

I would think a normal person would look at the price of both, read the descriptions of both and realize it was just copied over.

Change the color scheme and leave “The hottest bat just got hotter” verbiage in there. Well played.

Because the mass confusion when the star n stripes came out worked good, let’s do it again with the ADV. Many people didn’t realize that was just a re-paint as well.

and yes...the average parent is not going to compare bats. Just like they didn’t with the stars n stripes. Get on some of these Facebook groups. It was everywhere.

A big retailer like Smash it sports with reps galore are not helping the situation either. Seeing it now with this latest repaint.

Oct 4, 2018
If you doubled the foam that could be fit in, why did you ever have a bat with half foam?

Oh, marketing, how you are so clever.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Change the color scheme and leave “The hottest bat just got hotter” verbiage in there. Well played.

Because the mass confusion when the star n stripes came out worked good, let’s do it again with the ADV. Many people didn’t realize that was just a re-paint as well.

and yes...the average parent is not going to compare bats. Just like they didn’t with the stars n stripes. Get on some of these Facebook groups. It was everywhere.

A big retailer like Smash it sports with reps galore are not helping the situation either. Seeing it now with this latest repaint.

the confusion starts with a retailer not being completely honest. Using the same description is being more that upfront

Mar 6, 2016
Core or anyone else who's maybe had both...

What are the major differences and Pros/Cons when comparing these two dual stamp versions of the Ghost? Why the $100 difference?

(My 12yr old DD has been using the Grey 2018 Ghost 31/21 for about a year 1/2 and also has a previously used 32/22 Grey Ghost (by another girl) that she isn't ready for yet.) She is now fixated on only Ghosts, but the stories of all the cracking makes me a bit gun-shy of the dual stamps. Thanks!

1617382887969.png 1617382943384.png

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, thats funny because people thought the grey/blue ghost broke a lot...and whats your
experience, not bad right? Think you have to take a lot of posts with a grain of salt because you dont
know the whole story.

ADV has diff composite, smaller/softer handle knob, supposedly less feedback, diff endcap, lighter inner
barrel, barrel is slightly bigger.
Pros and cons can be diff for each person.

Mar 6, 2016
Well, thats funny because people thought the grey/blue ghost broke a lot...and whats your
experience, not bad right? Think you have to take a lot of posts with a grain of salt because you dont
know the whole story.

ADV has diff composite, smaller/softer handle knob, supposedly less feedback, diff endcap, lighter inner
barrel, barrel is slightly bigger.
Pros and cons can be diff for each person.

Are the dual stamps similar in feel/weight of the grey ghosts? Has anyone had both and able to kinda compare the performance of each of the white duals? My daughter plays in a AZ tourny (USSSA) next week and she won't be able to use her grey ghost. The team has a couple different white duals and she'll have to use one of them for the tourny.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
A lot of people have both. Some say the ADV feels lighter...but I think thats because some ADV are actually
coming in lighter. My last batch of 33s, most were only .5-.7 over. Before that, they were an ounce over or bit more.
I dont think they are much diff all in all, unless you have one that is a bit lighter. Some say the ADV "feels" lighter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd