2012 cf5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
Does anyone know if Demarini made any 2012 CF5's with the USSSA thumbprint on it? I am looking into one for my daughter, but only want to purchase if I can get it with the thumbprint. I know the 2013 has it, but my DD likes the feel of the 2012 better.

Was doing just a little research I would call a Demarini rep, I read somewhere 2012's went out with both old and new logos on it and if you need a new logo you could ship it back to their factory and they would re-stamp it with the new logo (they are exactly the same bat) only thing is you pay shipping....might just be an internet rumor so I would just call, not a big deal in our areas since almost no one does USSSA.

Jan 25, 2011
No the 2012 didn't but to be honest, my dd has the 2012 & 2013 insane and they are exactly the same, only difference is the color. One is orange and the 2013 is red. The 12 doesn't have the new stamp and the 2013 does.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
Does anyone know if Demarini made any 2012 CF5's with the USSSA thumbprint on it? I am looking into one for my daughter, but only want to purchase if I can get it with the thumbprint. I know the 2013 has it, but my DD likes the feel of the 2012 better.

My dd's 2012 cf5 has a usssa 1.20bpf stamp on it but it is not a thumbprint.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I remember about Feb last year that DM said the bats coming out from that time on would have the new stamp, and if you bought one without a stamp to leave unwrapped and mail it in to have a stamp put on.

You did see the Utrip ruling enforcement was put off again.? You don't need the new stamp until Jan 2014.

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
Yeah I know they extended the date. I'm buying this bat as a second bat in her bag. She currently swings a 2012 Stealth, which she loves, but has had interest in the CF5 for a while. Wanted to get it to have incase she ever needs a backup. So if she doesn't get immediate use out of it it will give me peace of mind knowing the new stamp is on it.

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
I remember about Feb last year that DM said the bats coming out from that time on would have the new stamp, and if you bought one without a stamp to leave unwrapped and mail it in to have a stamp put on.

You did see the Utrip ruling enforcement was put off again.? You don't need the new stamp until Jan 2014.

I called DM this morning. They said there were some made with the new stamp for 2012, but that you can not mail your wrapped bat in and have it stamped. They said its hit or miss which bat the dealers will have in stock, and that they have no way of tracking which bats have the new stamp and which do not.

Feb 3, 2011
After the price drop, I got my daughter's CF5 late in the year, and it has the old stamp.

I would hope that Utrip is smart enough to grandfather those bats until such time as they work their way out of circulation or are deemed no longer unsafe. I've heard a lot of players talk about the comfort level of the 2012 edition. I can't tell a difference myself, but that's why I'm not a player.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma