2011 demarini the one bat ? is it dead or not?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2010
Hello all:
I purchased the one bat for my daughter about two months ago. She some real bombs with it and now every parent on the sideline keeps saying the bat sounds dead.

Can anyone advise on how to check the bat for performance ? If you soft toss and the ball travels well, would that translate the same to a pitched ball provided good contact is made?

If the bat is indeed dead, How to I prove that to Demarini?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

Oct 25, 2009
Maybe your local coroner could give you a death certificate. jk

If the bat hits well with soft toss it will hit even better with faster pitches.

I do kind of a field test to judge bat performance. I do a little self-toss and hit towards the center field fence. I've got an 04 RT that I used to use to compare to other bats. What I do more lately is take say a Xeno and a CF4 or whatever and see which hits the best.

You can take your Demarini and a "live" bat and do the same thing. I'd be willing to bet it isn't dead.

May 25, 2010
Hello all:
I purchased the one bat for my daughter about two months ago. She some real bombs with it and now every parent on the sideline keeps saying the bat sounds dead.

Can anyone advise on how to check the bat for performance ? If you soft toss and the ball travels well, would that translate the same to a pitched ball provided good contact is made?

If the bat is indeed dead, How to I prove that to Demarini?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

If she's hitting bombs, why does the sound matter?

Apr 8, 2010
I don't think that is correct? I just saw some girls on ESPN using the demarini the one bat. It's red and white. And why would it be illegal its not an advantage when they are throwing fast the bat is heavier thus slowing bat speed for most..

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Wannaplay, There is no differential between a slowpitch bat and a fastpitch bat. Many men are swinging 24 ounce bats, that are normally used by women. So, your DD is swinging a 26 ounce bat? Good for her. How did you determine that she would like that heavy of bat? Not many women could swing that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd