15yo Addison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I agree with WW about the hands being pinned a bit. Sort of like what AJ mentioned when asked about his change of hand positioning in his setup. How does she do with inside heat?

I think Tiare Jennings is a really good example of a female hitter who sets herself up well to be able adjust with her hands when necessary.

That said she looks good. Like you said there is always something to work on if you are paying close enough attention 😉
Inside heat does give her trouble (see the bat break video). Agree on hands pinned. Haven’t really thought about that. We haven’t seen many that run it inside consistently but that is the pitch that she “takes” the most for a called strike. I worry about the stretch (or more how long it takes to get stretched) if the hand setup is more like what AJ said. She’s strong but not AJ strong lol. Needs all available resources with her frame.

Jun 8, 2016
Inside heat does give her trouble (see the bat break video). Agree on hands pinned. Haven’t really thought about that. We haven’t seen many that run it inside consistently but that is the pitch that she “takes” the most for a called strike. I worry about the stretch (or more how long it takes to get stretched) if the hand setup is more like what AJ said. She’s strong but not AJ strong lol. Needs all available resources with her frame.
You don't need his setup, it was just an example of somebody saying that because of their particular setup, and how he loaded, he was getting pinned and talking about how that effected his ability to get to a certain pitch.

How much “stretch”, in terms of how you are looking at it I think, is Tiare getting here?

Maybe do some inside angle toss with her and have her work the left center gap and see if she can self adjust a bit?

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Adjustments AJ made so he had a chance to hit the inside pitch.

Getting stuck with the hands back.

46WEbKQ.gif

Free hands to adjust.

RJ5zhlq.gif

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Nothing like squaring up a round bat to a round ball. No wonder this game is such a wonderful challenge.

Have observed that many of the young players are set up the same distance from the plate at 5’6” as when they were 4’6”. How far do they need to be off the plate to drive the inside pitch without it hooking foul? Can you set up a tee on the inside corner and have them gradually retreat from the plate in their set up to find the spot to drive the ball straight down the line?

Does Tiare Jennings always stride to a closed stance or was she looking to drive something to the right side in that at bat?

Appreciate you all (y). Oh yeah, that is a video of my granddaughter that I luckily found while cleaning up some computer files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softball_1