11 YO Glove Size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD currently has an 11.50 inches Mizuno youth prospect glove. Towards the end of the season she said she thinks she needs a new glove stating it was getting too small for her hand. She has not said anything about the size of the glove but 11.50 seems pretty small for a 12” ball.

Her feet are growing and I am hoping the rest of her body will catch up so we only need a glove that lasts a year or so, same amount of time as she has had her currently glove.

I do not trust the Internet for gloves so we will be hitting various box stores to try and find a glove.

If I was to break down where she plays I would say it would be 50% pitching, 35% infield, 15% outfield.

That was all background for this question, if it is even answerable.

Does 12.50 inches sound reasonable for an infielder’s glove? We probably will start there and drop to a 12.00 inches if we cannot find anything she likes.

Any advice would be appreciated, we both hate looking for new equipment.

My DD just turned 13 and is still using her Mizuno Prospect youth glove (12.5in) from two years ago ($60) I don't think I could pry it out of her hands with a brand new $150 model, it's still serviceable and is sized right she is about 5ft 3in and 105 lbs, so I'm not pushing a new glove.

I think 12.5 is a good utility size but I'd be interested in what other think as well, maybe once the girls are bigger it makes a little sense to go a little bigger in glove size especially for outfield but at some point bigger is not really better especially in the infield

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan