11 or 13 girls - HELP!!! 10 under team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2009
No. This just happened to my niece in a 12U team. Two new girls come along, my niece who had been with the team 3 seasons, lost her position. I mean, she showed up at a game and a new girl had taken her place. Not good. But, anyway, she and her pitching friend left and then the team dissolved after a few more parents became unhappy.

The team was hunky dory prior to this.
You can add 2 if you are careful. If you move the kids around alot i.e ( Suzie isn't the designated shortstop).it should be OK. Bring the new girls in as PART of the team. Let the parents know you are doing it. If you can make sure noone is feeling shoved aside. it should work out.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
Thank you to everyone with your experiences. I have also discussed this with an uncle that has coached the last 10 or so years and my father in law who used to coach. Both suggested I add the girls to the roster and make sure to use the league games and any other opportunity to get playing time.

But on Sunday that is my day to put the top 9 in the game and win the tournament, mixing in who I can when I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad