10YO DD finally starting to understand IR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Looks good. If possible, have her try to put her thumb on, or nearer to the stripe. I like to to see the thumb opposing the middle finger in a basic grip. Also, start with the ball/palm facing the catcher at 12 o'clock. When she goes to a full circle, she can begin by leading with the back of her hand or the pointer finger knuckle. None of this is critical, but I think it helps facilitate the learning.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2008
Converting from HE to IR. This video is 2 weeks in. It looks like it is finally starting to sink in.

[video=youtube_share;jwXqE3jr9cY]http://youtu.be/jwXqE3jr9cY[/video]

Outstanding........Get her to relax her arm more toward the target line during/through release.........

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I think this looks great. I am trying to get my DD to have a more aggressive elbow bend like this. One question though- How did you get approval to throw softball in the house? For some odd reason, my wife seems to think this is inappropriate and me and my two DDs get in trouble when we do it.

I think this looks great. I am trying to get my DD to have a more aggressive elbow bend like this. One question though- How did you get approval to throw softball in the house? For some odd reason, my wife seems to think this is inappropriate and me and my two DDs get in trouble when we do it.

haha, i have a big net set up at the other end of the room. (the room is 27' long). The ones that go over and hit the wall gets us both yelled at though.

Aug 20, 2013
Awesome! Would you mind listing your process for us. We are starting to convert as well and I love how far you have come in only 2 weeks!

GG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06