“Showing” hitting style

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
I’ve seen girls that show “bunt” and then pull back and swing away. Curious as to the benefit of doing that.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It puts the sequence in motion yet relaxed so they can react vs static which many times locks them up. Think of it as a running start.

May 12, 2014
It puts the sequence in motion yet relaxed so they can react vs static which many times locks them up. Think of it as a running start.

Thanks. That makes sense. The few girls I saw doing it were crushing the ball.

Reactions: TDS
Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

Not questioning that this is the rationale, but it seems completely absurd, and I think there's a very good reason why exactly 0 Major League hitters have made a practice of this in the history of the game (this is different than fake bunt/quick slash swing, which is just done to draw in the defense and not in any way designed to make the swing itself better).

Instead of rushing from a bunting motion into a load and then swinging, hopefully on time, just get a little pre-pitch rhythm.

I'm sure a few hitters have really made it work for them. I'm absolutely positive there are more effective and more efficient ways to achieve the same (and probably better) results.

Dec 12, 2020
My DD is young and it really helped her loosen up at the plate, almost keeping her too busy to be conscious of fear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA