Youth Softball Evaluations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Evaluating what?

Bat speed (radar gun) throwing speed, base running speed, target hitting and so on are good for evaluations.

Mar 13, 2010
Evaluating what?

Bat speed (radar gun) throwing speed, base running speed, target hitting and so on are good for evaluations.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
It would also be helpful to know what age group you are evaluating.

Since it it tryout time for fall season, I am assuming you mean general tryout evaluations.

Aug 8, 2011
My bad, I coach JV softball. I want to evaluate everything. Also do an evaluation at the beginning, middle and end of the season.

Aug 9, 2011
I usually keep statistics (actually have my assistance keep stats) while I watch the players. You can teach a kid to hit, field and throw...you can't teach them to have drive or heart. I watch for those little things in kids that just can't be taught. I would rather have a kid who was a good runner, good hitter, good arm and had the will, determination and desire to do what ever I instructed them to do with the desire to learn. Than a kid who was really fast and had a poor attitude or was lazy and didn't listen. Try to remember quotes and sayings "one bad apple will ruin the bunch" they've been around for so long for a reason. It will also allow you to better assess where kids can and should play...Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole