Youth catcher’s mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2021
My 8yo DD has been playing catcher and im looking for a good catchers mitt to get her for when she moves up to 10u next season and starts catching real pitches. I know shes needs something light enough for her to handle but know nothing about fastpitch catchers mitts. I want to stay away from the “youth” models out there and get her something entry level that she can start handling now and get used to by next fall

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Vinci Fortus. Easy break in and will give her a couple years. Plus it offers better protection than others and it has smaller finger stalls to fit your DD better allowing her to receive properly without damage to her thumb. Pricepoint is reasonable as well.

Apr 30, 2018
Bradley Glove. Do a search on here for Bradley gloves. Great gloves, high quality, and will last several years. Finger stalls are sized specifically for youth hands. Don't make the mistake of trying to get her into an adult glove at that age. The finger stalls will be too far apart, and the glove will be heavier. For a fielding glove the Next Play or the FP Gold series are great for that age. For catching you will need the FP Gold. The Next Play catchers gloves are sized for a baseball.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2020
Your best bet is to get a youth catchers glove. No shame in it. Use it for a year or 2.

A "legit" catchers mitt will be way too heavy. Detrimental.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles