What glove would you get for a pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
I did a custom Wilson MA14 for my dd and she loves it.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

I know nothing about this- so it’s the Monica Abbott glove - but you changed the colors? That’s cool. I was looking at that glove but did not like the color. How long does a custom glove take? Was it hard to break in?

Aug 18, 2018
I know nothing about this- so it’s the Monica Abbott glove - but you changed the colors? That’s cool. I was looking at that glove but did not like the color. How long does a custom glove take? Was it hard to break in?
On Wilson's site, select custom glove, then fastpitch. Scroll down to see pitchers gloves.

You customize everything down to stitching, binding, laces. You can also personalize with name/number

Did a half heel. Break in does take a bit, it is an A2000. I'd say took a good 8 weeks or so from order to in hand.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
On Wilson's site, select custom glove, then fastpitch. Scroll down to see pitchers gloves.

You customize everything down to stitching, binding, laces. You can also personalize with name/number

Did a half heel. Break in does take a bit, it is an A2000. I'd say took a good 8 weeks or so from order to in hand.

And then contact me to get a good discount through Wilson.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You're looking for two different gloves, right?

The Rawlings Heart of The Hide or Wilson A2000 are both great gloves. Marucci also makes great gloves, too. Some people like Vinci, but I don't have any experience with them.

I recommend a 12-12.25" glove with a closed web for pitching. For a 1B mitt, a 12.5-13" mitt is best. Again, they all make great options.

High-end gloves will take serious effort to break in, so be prepared to do a lot of work to get them game-ready. If you take care of them, they will last for years.

Rawlings is 8-9 weeks for custom. Wilson is 6-7 weeks.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021
Taking a page out of @ANNASDAD's book I would say any Rawlings DCT pattern for first base. I think this is the first base pattern to end all discussions.

I always suggest the smallest possible glove for pitching. My DD is U13 and uses an A2K D33 custom.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My DD used a Vinci BV-1929L for a long time (probably from age 11/12 to 15) for both P and OF (eventually getting a more dedicated OF glove). The went to an All Star baseball glove that is no longer available (she used to say it was her favorite glove ever). That one lasted her through Sophomore year in college. I picked up a Rawlings Pro Preferred ProS1000 (thx AD) from the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach at the same time as the All Star but it took much longer for her to get comfortable and break that thing in...now she absolutely loves it in the circle. If she had never used the Rawlings it was going to be mine to use for years to come (still might be lol).

I have no experience with 1B gloves

Jun 19, 2016
I am going against the grain but I am not sure a lifetime glove is the best glove for a pitcher. The heart of the hide and the A2000 ate stiff and weigh a ton. My DD uses a Akadema AJB74.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles