What caused the cracked barrel?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
My DD brought home her CF6 bat and told me it had cracked. Her teammate was using it while DD was taking outfield work. When DD went to bat, she said it sounded funny. after a few swings, she noticed the crack.

I looked at the bat and it has 3 diagonal, deep scratches along the barrel. All 3 are at nearly the same angle. The 1st 2 hasn't broken the wall, but the 3rd has. All these scratches are along the sweat spot of the barrel.

The bat is under warranty, but I've never had a cracked bat, so I'm not sure if this was caused by misuse, or by hitting. I'll take a picture tonight, but was looking to see what y'all thought.

Thanks.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
They arent scratches, they are the lines in the composite weave breaking thru. Its why they all look
alike because its the way the weave is thru the whole barrell.
It can be caused by many things, but usually its because of just typical hitting. When a bat gives, it
just goes.
Extremely typical

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
They arent scratches, they are the lines in the composite weave breaking thru. Its why they all look
alike because its the way the weave is thru the whole barrell.
It can be caused by many things, but usually its because of just typical hitting. When a bat gives, it
just goes.
Extremely typical

Thanks a lot. I'll send it back for exchange. I didn't want to send it in and it be obvious that is wasn't normal damage. With them being the same angle and same distance apart, I was worried about some foolish happenings going on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors