Tyranny....and how it relates to softball and free speech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2012
Tyranny....and how it relates to softball and free speech....any thoughts?....discuss....

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
LOL Dude - threads get shut down when the personal attacks begin, not when they go off topic - if that were the case, then most threads wouldn't last very long. Speaking of which, I need advice on what to have for lunch today.

Jul 26, 2010
I'll bite. In a tyrannical system, stuff gets done, albeit at the expense of personal liberty. In a democracy, personal liberty (in theory) gets a front row at the expense of actually accomplishing any measurable goals.

For a softball team, tyranny is preferred, as success is measured against the goals set forth and accomplished. The individual opinions of the players and the coaches are not as important as the singular voice of the team. The most efficient means to accomplish this is with a strong leader with absolute control.

Now if you want to discuss a government like we have in the US that neither has absolute tyranny or free speech, we're in the wrong forum ;) If you're looking for an outlet to wax dramatic over how someone was mean to you, then there are plenty of cheerleading squads with openings.

-W

Apr 9, 2012
Tyranny or the more friendly term dictatorship. I prefer dictatorship in softball or any team sport with a HEAD coach. 1 Chief and many indians.

As far as free speech people forget that your right to free speech ends where my rights begin. Slander and defamation of character are punishable legal offenses. You cant hit the bully anymore but you can sting their wallet and pride.

Apr 9, 2012
Tyranny....and how it relates to softball and free speech....any thoughts?....discuss....

I think your question sucks and if I was a moderator I would use my tyrannical powers and ban your right to free speech :)

Good example perhaps?

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
You are nothing more than a troll trying to cause trouble. If you don't like the members or moderators here, why stick around? Go start your own website and forum so you can make up your own rules. Without moderators who volunteer their time to make this site one of the best for knowledge and immediate feedback it would crash and burn. Not to mention the forum would be filled with junk threads such as this.
:cool:

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Oh dang, and I thought this thread was something different alltogether. You know the male coach dressing up like the players HAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd