Two broken bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2009
Its probable that the bats in question are DeMarini Vendettas. My DD broke one last fall in the "rails" section just above the grip. Talked to DeMarini customer service and they replaced it w/out issue. They stated that they switched the type of resin used to fabricate the handle after numerous breakage issues. I'm not aware that there is a durability issue after they switched materials. The ones breaking now may be leftover early batches - how you can tell the difference I don't know.

FWIW, I highly doubt that DeMarini would be making bats that don't conform to the standards of the major sanctioning organizations. Check the barrel for the applicable stamps before you make a determination regarding legality. FYI - the -12 Vendetta is on LL's list of approved bats.

GM

A friend's "replacement" bat (one that was sent to her after her first one broke) just broke last week at 10U nationals, so I am not sure about the durability of the new materials.

My DD had one, too, and it did not break all the way through but just cracked. It was out of warranty but demarini replaced it anyway. We use it to hit grounders and pops to her. LOL

OT: we bought an Anderson for her and she loves it!! DD immediately saw more pop in her hits. Can't believe she had to use the bad bat for so long.

Sep 3, 2009
One of those DeMarini Vendettas broke here, too. Two-piece bat, it looked like. Don't buy one. No need for two piece bats anyway. They are just to make the bat flex like a tennis racket, so young players and their parents 'feel better' by the player getting hits without having strength.

Have not been banned because I still see them.

I say go get strong instead and work hard for the long-term success not short-term success that also requires a new several hundred dollar bat at every six months-year (that seems how long they last in travel).

Seriously?? You're painting with a pretty wide brush there... There are plenty of two-piece bats that aren't fit to hit a trim nail into balsa wood. And there are some that are worth every penny they charge for them. Every manufacturer at some point in time, has a bad design, or manufacturing flaw, or material deficiency, that causes problems.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I've had two piece bats that have lasted years. I know kids who hit everyday with the same two-piece bat for years. It's not all two piece bats that are bad. Don't let one apple ruin the whole barrel for you!

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Dislike batting gloves?

My hands get torn up with blisters even WITH them on, I can only imagine if my coach didn't like me wearing them/wouldn't let us wear them.

Jul 26, 2010
It drives me batty (pun intended) when parents badmouth kids equipment in front of them. They act as if they even know how to swing a bat, let alone what may or may not be better. It's an odd thing, in this country, to see an adult get so emotionally attached and supportive of whatever they chose to spend money on. It'd be funny if it was not so sad.

The best bat is the bat that the kid likes the most. To them, that bat is magic, it's the best, and they will hit the best with it. As soon as some nutjob parent starts telling them how bad/cheap/old their bat is and that their daughters is better, they destroy the magic in the magic bat, thus ruining it forever.

You'd think that parents, who actually supposedly have an emotional attachment with young women (their daughter) would know better.

So, please parents, as much as old men love talking gear, do it outside the ear's reach of the girls.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG