trying Iphone video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
been messing around with using my daughters Iphone, not sure about the quality, but it is very handy. Of course any thoughts on mechanics are always welcome.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rFzy9yCjrZE?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oct 25, 2009
been messing around with using my daughters Iphone, not sure about the quality, but it is very handy. Of course any thoughts on mechanics are always welcome.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rFzy9yCjrZE?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You did the same thing I did when I shot video on it. Turn the iPhone horizontal.

Mar 25, 2011
Looks like another foot turned very far flat and dragging hard. Maybe check out her wear point on her shoes. Is it up on the big toe area? Or more down into the side of her foot....?

Jul 21, 2008
There is a App you can get for iphone that will let you do frame by frame and draw lines and other useful stuff. I think its called 10 sec telastrator by power chalk

Daughter looks good keep up the good work. How old is she ?

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
good advice on the horizontal, thanks. will work on the toe drag, it is an on going thing, she just turned 16, sophomore. Will look up that app, thanks.

Jan 25, 2011
there are several apps. for batting too,you also can use the one for golf swings,has a the lines and slow-mo you need.

Jan 18, 2011
there are several apps. for batting too,you also can use the one for golf swings,has a the lines and slow-mo you need.

Could you name the apps? Or are they all by Power Chalk? Was getting ready to buy a Kodak Playsport but if I can use the DD's Ipod that would be great.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
iSwing and SwingReader are two iPhone apps you can use and are also available for the iPad. They are not available as apps for the Mac, so there is no way to transfer your video to the larger screen of your computer and use these programs (at least I haven't found a way to do it!). Since the video on the iPhone is in HD, frame by frame tends to get very blurry, which may limit what you can see. The low cost and portability are good for most things you will want to do though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207