Throwing Sequence/Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
This is my son throwing. Can you tell from the pics if his mechanics are ok, or do we need to change somethings. I know this is a softball site and not baseball, but I have found more throwing info here. Thanks

Throw 5.jpgThrow 4.jpgThrow3.jpgThrow2.jpgThrow 1.jpg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
All are welcomed. I'm sure you know video is better. Not knowing your sons age, I would say from pics this was outfield throws. He looks good. Read through the fielding posts, the ones marked throwing. Alot of good info. I'm sure your like most parents that throw well, but aren't really sure how you really throw. Pay attention to how you throw. Pay attention to how your front thigh rolls over as you start your throw untill release. Check at Tweeks at AB Athletics, he has done alot on proper throwing. So has FiveFrameSwing and wellphyt on this site. Throwing is to hitting as hitting is to throwing.

Mar 3, 2011
GA
All are welcomed. I'm sure you know video is better. Not knowing your sons age, I would say from pics this was outfield throws. He looks good. Read through the fielding posts, the ones marked throwing. Alot of good info. I'm sure your like most parents that throw well, but aren't really sure how you really throw. Pay attention to how you throw. Pay attention to how your front thigh rolls over as you start your throw untill release. Check at Tweeks at AB Athletics, he has done alot on proper throwing. So has FiveFrameSwing and wellphyt on this site. Throwing is to hitting as hitting is to throwing.

Thanks! I know that AB Athletics does a great job with throwing instruction. Austin helped me improve my DD's throwing over the summer. Since then I have had my son doing the same throwing drills that Austin adviced for my DD. My son turned 8 in june. These pictures are from a throwing contest put on by the Atlanta Braves at the Braves Classic youth Tournament. My son hit a cornhole board that was placed on home plate 2 out of 3 times to win the contest. I was just checking for feedback on how his mechanics look. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA