This pitching motion legal?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
giphy.gif

Legal only if the umpire had a last name of Quisenberry or Tekulve.

Hand needs to be below the hip, and for USSSA “the wrist not farther from the body than the elbow”. I’ll take a wild guess and say other rule sets are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2020
I haven't seen anything like it since 10u when pitchers are still trying to figure it out. Couldn't believe someone made it to 18u pitching that way without someone saying something. Was pretty much 100% sure it was illegal, and I think the opposing teams coaches brought it up but didn't push it after told it was fine. Still the strangest thing that I've seen in a while.

May 13, 2023
giphy.gif

Legal only if the umpire had a last name of Quisenberry or Tekulve.

Hand needs to be below the hip, and for USSSA “the wrist not farther from the body than the elbow”. I’ll take a wild guess and say other rule sets are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can't see the video but this is funny...
this is all I needed

Jun 22, 2008

Saw this over the weekend and was surprised to be told that the umps said it was fine. This was in USSSA and an 18u team. I really didn't care but was surprised it was said to be ok and looks like an injury waiting to happen to me.

I know a guy that is in the hierarchy of USSSA. He would like to know what the name of this tournament was and where so that he can contact them to discuss this. If you dont want to post it publicly, please message it to me, he would like to address this as it is a completely illegal pitching motion in every ruleset.

May 18, 2019
Uh, no. Sidearm delivery. Wrist can be no further from body than elbow.
Sincere question even though that delivery looks horrible. How would the wrist and elbow rule be applied to this delivery. I'm trying to understand how IR wouldn't require the wrist to be further out than the elbow.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.png
    IMG_3306.png
    639.8 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad