"They'll be left so far behind!" he said about the 10yo's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Wow - your shoulder must be really sore from all the self-congratulatory pats on the back you give yourself...maybe if you contact the IOC you can get softball back in the Olympics by the sheer force of your will...

Thankz... I'm working on it... But I'll need to work on team USA 1st...that would have been a long way to go just to get beat by Japan. What do you think I need to do first? I say work on bunting... how would a world famous "Coach" like you fix it? Sorry found out your a world famous ump, not coach, sorry hope you didn't take that as an insult too. The best work for the NPF. Ever see a game on the house???

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
CK...whats a eteamz forums... did you answer my last over in chip chat???

It was/is a softball forum for people like you. You know the ones that claim they can take a 18 y/o with no pitching history and make her a College level pitcher in 30 days... those kind of people.

No I didn't answer, no use.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
In our area, you can't play TB and Rec. The Rec. leagues prevent and I have to question the benefit if a TB player/parents decide to let the dd dominate against a Rec Team. I should state that Rec here is very weak. The rules are different than TB and the politics of who's daughter is on what team and what rules will be enforced determine which teams win league. We took our dd out of Rec at 9-10. Pleae note that I think that there are some neighborhood that are better than our experience.

I think a lot of this has to do with your dd and what level she can play. For us, dd always played up. So, at 10 played 12U, at 12, she played 14U, 14 played 16U and 16 played 18U. We didn't want her to be the big dog of her age group. She became very accomplished playing up. I don't think that is good for everyone.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I have to question the benefit if a TB player/parents decide to let the dd dominate against a Rec Team.

In the leagues that I most recently ran, the TB players didn't dominate because they were limited to (1) TB players who weren't that great to begin with, (2) TB players who pitch in rec but aren't good enough to pitch in TB, (3) good TB pitchers who were 11 playing in 14U, or (4) position players (non pitchers, non catchers) who are just having fun and really can't dominate w/ just 2 at-bats per game.

I'm sure it's abused at times, but in our leagues, it never created a problem until a good TB pitcher was used to pitch vs. her own age level.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I think that might be due to the vast differences between Rec ball throughout this country and TB. To be sure, that is why in our Rec League no TB player is allowed to participate. That causes a lot of problems every year since our Rec program is partially funded by our taxes. The same rule applies to our Rec Baseball Leauge and TB or Legion Ball. Once a player has participated in either Legion or TB, they can no longer play on any Rec team.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
I think that might be due to the vast differences between Rec ball throughout this country and TB. To be sure, that is why in our Rec League no TB player is allowed to participate. That causes a lot of problems every year since our Rec program is partially funded by our taxes. The same rule applies to our Rec Baseball Leauge and TB or Legion Ball. Once a player has participated in either Legion or TB, they can no longer play on any Rec team.

Wow that is kind of harsh. My DD played rec ball from 4 to 14. Middle school 7th and 8th grade and TB from 12u to present, 18 gold. Middle school years were the hardest because she was on three teams. MS and rec knew if TB had anything going on that conflicted that was her priority. She was not good enough to pitch in TB but dominated MS and rec ball. She played rec and MS because she liked to play with her friends and she got to pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie