"The Insider bat "

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It's not particularly helpful when you use terms that already have an established meaning to describe something else.

CO, MarkH expanded a great deal of effort trying to explain "connection" to you ... and it isn't clear that you ever grasped the concept. At some point you have to ask yourself if you truly wish to learn what you imply that you want information on.

Dawg, what have you learned about the Insider Bat based on your search for information so far? What do those that support the product claim that it is good for? Do you believe that the top hitting instructors that endorse the product are doing so for a quick buck? Do you know Mike Candrea and do you feel that he operates that way? What are you using to confirm the information that you are receiving? As a lawyer .... someone who likely has a decent income and a busy schedule, ... how much time are you willing to spend on the task? Would it be quicker and cheaper to simply purchase the product and test it out on your own? I hear you when you say that you want an organized database like message board ... but that isn't the reality that I know ... there is what we want, and there is reality .... deal with reality.

Oct 12, 2009
CO, MarkH expanded a great deal of effort trying to explain "connection" to you ... and it isn't clear that you ever grasped the concept. At some point you have to ask yourself if you truly wish to learn what you imply that you want information on.

I know exactly what MarkH was saying.

To suggest otherwise is a pathetic attempt to make me look bad.

My point to MarkH, which you are so conveniently and consistently glossing over, is that while connection is technically a process, it can be helpful to explain it using a series of positions like the Vertical V position and the Power L position.

Just as you are doing with all of the Vertical V pictures and video clips.

P.S. What you are describing is nothing like the Connection that MarkH and I discussed.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS, I never served with Mike Candrea, I never knew Mike Candrea, Mike Candrea was not a friend of mine. FFS, I do know you're no Mike Candrea. That is reality.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

No problem Dawg. Thanks for letting us know you are a lawyer. Don't know how that information would change anyone's answer to you ..... it certainly didn't change my answer. The game cares about execution. Comes down to how hungry you are for good information.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I know exactly what MarkH was saying.

To suggest otherwise is a pathetic attempt to make me look bad.

My point to MarkH, which you are so conveniently and consistently glossing over, is that while connection is technically a process, it can be helpful to explain it using a series of positions like the Vertical V position and the Power L position.

P.S. What you are describing is nothing like the Connection that MarkH and I discussed.

CO, the Power-V is simply a 'position' within a 'good swing'. It is a 'position'. It is not "connection".

I've asked you this question several times. You've yet to answer it, but perhaps you'll do so now.

Keeping in mind that "connection" is an "action", or "series of actions", what are the "actions" that you teach to establish a connected swing?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
That's what I just said.

You're wasting everyone's time if you're just going to quote my words back to me.

I'm having a difficult time following you CO.

You wrote the following ....

Regarding the last portion, I am not showing Veritical V pictures and video clips to represent the action of connection. Whether a persons swings through the "Power-V" position or not does not define a "connected swing".

Same question ....

Keeping in mind that "connection" is an "action", or "series of actions", what are the "actions" that you teach to establish a connected swing?

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
FFS,
On post 33, 36, 38 i see Barry Bonds at bat lag with the hands stacked above the elbow, what do you see?
Also can you please show me a video and explain the term fusion to me it would be nice to see fusion on video.
also are all correct swings the same??? are women built different then men?? Is the balence point different for women and men??
Should we expect all women and girls to swing like a MLB man hitters even though they were made different. Also can you explain the pinch foreare to bicep
i never heard of that before not from Mike Epstein, Steve Englishbey, Howard Carrier, Don Slaught, Chris Oleary maybe you know something that these great hitting coaches doint. please explain

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Quickly, and I've posted this elsewhere, I use the Insider Bat with the hitters I work with. At one point, 12 of the top 15 softball hitters in our area had spent time in a cage with me and the Insider Bat. I understand arguments pro and con presented in this thread. Most by people a lot smarter than me. Heck, I'm just a hick from the sticks. However, I believe my hitters have benefited. JMHO!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS,
On post 33, 36, 38 i see Barry Bonds at bat lag with the hands stacked above the elbow, what do you see?

Eddie, I explained this to SL in post 39, but let's review it again. There is a difference between the "bat lag" position and the "RVP connection point" position.

Here is Bonds at the RVP Connection Point position. Take note that the hands, rear shoulder, rear elbow and rear hip are all roughly vertically aligned.

Bat20Lag-1.jpg

Here is Bonds at the Bat Lag position. Take note that this is beyond the RVP Connection Point position and that the hands, rear shoulder, rear hip and rear elbow are no longer aligned vertically. The barrel can be seen directed back towards the catcher, and hence the name "bat lag" for this position in the swing.

25sbfja.jpg

Two very different positions in the swing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06