Swinging behind the corner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The barrel goes accelerating rearward as the back leg turns forward. Happens when you go from Bow to corner. Slingshot.

I’ve shown that doesn’t happen. The barrel doesn’t accelerate until the hands come forward unless you’re swinging up. Is that HLP? Then again that doesn’t match Jr. So that’s prolly what you mean, right? You swing up to get deep whoosh, right? Only damn way physically possible Shawn! Stay in the real world here. Is it dump and accelerate or swing down and get adjustable acceleration?

1703635739689.gif

Not even on a low and away pitch where you could have the best chance to dump it and be successful Jr. chooses to not do that. Hmm. Get a hitter that matches that HLP gibberish then we can have a conversation. Until then figure out how it’s really done.
1703637258709.gif
It’s prolly spirals right? Lmao!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Wow! This guy torches Rich.
There are a few things Teacherman says that make sense but then it all falls apart. Like when he demenstrates his swing and his head moves backwards well over a foot. No MLB hitters could ever hit with that much head movement. He is not the holy grail of hitting. He is so arrogant and dismissive of others I surprised some people think he is the Hitting God. Reminds me how some people are drawn to a cult leaders that are also blatantly arrogant.
Bonds is not Trout. Not even close to the same pattern.
Among other things that no good MLB hitter ever did.

I would say they have the same basic swing down pattern but Trout is inside-out and Bonds is direct. Of course they use the force vectors a bit different which makes other things seem farther from similar than closer. But same basic HOF pattern.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’ve shown that doesn’t happen. The barrel doesn’t accelerate until the hands come forward unless you’re swinging up. Is that HLP? Then again that doesn’t match Jr. So that’s prolly what you mean, right? You swing up to get deep whoosh, right? Only damn way physically possible Shawn! Stay in the real world here. Is it dump and accelerate or swing down and get adjustable acceleration?

View attachment 29175

Not even on a low and away pitch where you could have the best chance to dump it and be successful Jr. chooses to not do that. Hmm. Get a hitter that matches that HLP gibberish then we can have a conversation. Until then figure out how it’s really done.
View attachment 29176
It’s prolly spirals right? Lmao!!

Your not making sense,

IMG_6034.jpeg

Are you just lying and grasping straws? Do you want to discuss Griffey?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
There are HoFers that have less than perfect mechanics. Griffey is one of them. Long, armbarish, hands trapped but somehow manages to get barrel to the ball. I have said this before, if some 13 y/o kid came to a hitting instructor with Griffey-like mechanics (not results) most instructors would make major changes. Some instructors would make changes regardless of the results because they already forgot more about hitting than we will ever know.
Another thing: there are videos of Trout and others greats hitting off their back leg (almost one legged), off his front leg and perfectly balanced. The greats manage to get the barrel on the ball at game speed doing whatever it takes. It's not always pretty. Perfect mechanics is way overrated.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Griffey walked away from the hands. He stretched, home run hitter. Griffey had 10 great years. When he went to the Reds his altheticism started to decline. Bonds got better because he got quicker. Griffey’s swing was a HR hitter swing. Bonds hit .377 or something after his 73 hr year. It was one of the best hitting displays I’ve ever seen.

I have a swing of Griffey making an incredible adjustment. How someone makes the adjustment he does is special.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There are HoFers that have less than perfect mechanics. Griffey is one of them. Long, armbarish, hands trapped but somehow manages to get barrel to the ball. I have said this before, if some 13 y/o kid came to a hitting instructor with Griffey-like mechanics (not results) most instructors would make major changes. Some instructors would make changes regardless of the results because they already forgot more about hitting than we will ever know.
Another thing: there are videos of Trout and others greats hitting off their back leg (almost one legged), off his front leg and perfectly balanced. The greats manage to get the barrel on the ball at game speed doing whatever it takes. It's not always pretty. Perfect mechanics is way overrated.

The look of a swing is not mechanics. Creating the same forces to power a ‘machine’ would be mechanical.. and they all use centripetal force to do so. So there is perfect mechanics in a baseball swing.

1703717160993.gif

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Wow! This guy torches Rich.
There are a few things Teacherman says that make sense but then it all falls apart. Like when he demenstrates his swing and his head moves backwards well over a foot. No MLB hitters could ever hit with that much head movement. He is not the holy grail of hitting. He is so arrogant and dismissive of others I surprised some people think he is the Hitting God. Reminds me how some people are drawn to a cult leaders that are also blatantly arrogant.
Bonds is not Trout. Not even close to the same pattern.
It's one thing to teach a method and everything he does...But he's such an asshole it's hard to watch him. He's more about being an asshole and saying there is only one way, versus adapting and understanding there are many different ways to get to a quality swing...no one hitter is the same and different methods work for different hitters. YES we know the basics and what to avoid for bad habits, but teacherman is just always an rear and super arrogant.

PS.
Work wins, if your still dying on the hands control everything hill, I don't agree. They can accelerate faster and make adjustments as needed, but it's still a coil uncoil world, with a strong lower half that puts it all together.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It's one thing to teach a method and everything he does...But he's such an asshole it's hard to watch him. He's more about being an asshole and saying there is only one way, versus adapting and understanding there are many different ways to get to a quality swing...no one hitter is the same and different methods work for different hitters. YES we know the basics and what to avoid for bad habits, but teacherman is just always an rear and super arrogant.

PS.
Work wins, if your still dying on the hands control everything hill, I don't agree. They can accelerate faster and make adjustments as needed, but it's still a coil uncoil world, with a strong lower half that puts it all together.

I actually find Richard funny.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad