softball practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well i am considering trying out for teams that have 4hr weekend practices and I will only attend those because of the distance and i am wondering will that be enough for my DD to get better.

I'm unclear as to why *you* would be trying out for teams but you are worried about your DD...

But, anyway:

For your DD to get better at softball, She should be working on softball every day. She will have to do a lot of work on her own. She should plan on an hour or two a day devoted to softball...swinging the bat, taking grounds balls, catching popups, and throwing.

Team practices are primarily to teach team skills, not individual skills. If all she does is go to team practices, she won't get better.

Apr 1, 2010
Is 2 days 2 hr weekday practices better that 1 weekend day 4hr practice?

Multiple practices are definitely better for the younger girls, probably for the older also--there's a limit to how much one can learn and retain at one time. However, if there are long commutes and jam-packed schedules involved, then one 4 hr practice could be better logistically.

Apr 1, 2010
Well i am considering trying out for teams that have 4hr weekend practices and I will only attend those because of the distance and i am wondering will that be enough for my DD to get better.

No. However, IMO if your daughter is only attending team practices and not practicing on her own during the other days of the week, she won't get better with either one 4 hr practice or two 2 hour practices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie