Shoulder Pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2015
My DD's shoulder is bothering her at the very top.

Somewhere in the region of the acromion and/or acromio-clavicular ligament in the picture below.

1735.jpg

I know, I know, this may not be the best place for medical advice, but curious if anyone has had similar issues? What'd you do about it?

Ice and Tiger Balm seem to make it go away almost instantly.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2014
is the pain near her collar bone? this is also very close the the rotator cuff. Could be overuse, but without knowing more about how this came about for her I am just speculating. Strangely when I "mimic pitching" with my daughter I get pain and a lot of cracking in this same area. But I am also old and not sporty. :p

Not a medical professional but I would stop all throwing activity. Ice, rest, etc. Then have her form (pitching as well as overhand throwing) evaluated by a sports PT or a trainer

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We get these "health questions" occasionally. And, as you can see, you have two responses giving two different opinions.

If the thread remains open, you will have 10 responses expressing 25 different opinions.

No one is qualified to give a diagnosis based upon a two sentence description. Go to a sports doctor and have your DD checked out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA