Right handed pitcher hitting from the left side?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Sure you don't want them to be afraid, but you want to be prepared. I am not a fan of pitchers batting from the opposite side, because of the risk to the elbow of the pitching arm, and the idiot coaches who will tell their pitchers to throw at the other pitcher. My dd is a lefty who started out hitting RH, we got her turned around at 9 and I am glad we did it young. An elbow guard is a great idea for a pitcher who bats opposite side, it makes sense to me.

Apr 25, 2010
a coach told his pitcher to throw at a batter, in a scrimmage.

where and what team, if you have the coaches name tell us that too, these idiots need to be held accountable.

We are NE Ohio, so it is highly unlikely you will come across this idiot. If you want to know his name and Organization, pm me.

Jul 26, 2010
My DD is a RHP who slapped for about a year until she finally realized that slappers need to be 2.8 or faster to first, 3.0 doesn't cut it.

Wear an arm guard on the pitching arm like this and she'll be fine. If she's slapping correctly, she WILL run into a pitch or 10.

EVOA121

That one is by evoshield, they make a fastpitch/womens version. There's other companies that make them too, but I'm not sure on female versions.

-W

Apr 25, 2010
That is the guard my DD wears. It's nice because you form it to fit the individual. And it is hard.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
What age/level does your DD play? If she is an ACE pitcher and a home run hitter, she may bat at the higher levels (see Ricketts and Traina), but as she gets older and plays at a higher level ACE pitchers become more specialized and are worth their weight in gold, so most coaches do not like to let them bat and take a chance of getting hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors