'Resetting' Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
My Nokona has ended up too loose and floopy for my liking. Totally my fault. But I want to try and rebreak it in. Is it possible and if so, can someone give advice please?

Jun 24, 2009
Lozza the best answer I can give you is send it back to Nokona. Go to their web site. Look under FAQ. scroll down to glove repair. They have a price list of the different things you can have done to your glove. IMO you have never experienced a great glove until you have used one that has been worn then relaced.

Sep 17, 2009
will re-lacing "fix" a floppy glove? my DD loves her glove but it's on the floppy side no doubt. tks.

Mar 13, 2010
The costs are too much when I have to send it to America. It's almost double the repair costs to send it over.

Any ideas on how I can do it myself?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Lozza, this might be a stretch for where you live but do you have a shoe repair shop around? I learned how to relace gloves from a gentleman who ran a shoe repair shop. He was so tired of relacing gloves that he taught me how to do it. Then, he sent this customers to me. If you have a shop, they might be able to relace your glove at a reasonable price. Relacing a glove is not a guarantee that you will like the feel of the glove. Still, in my experience, it is good to have a glove restrung. BTW, look at wear places on your glove that might then tear once the glove is relaced. The lacing holes at the fingertips often are so stretched out that they can't support new lacing for long. Good Luck! If I were around, I'd do your glove for free.

Dec 12, 2009
CT
The costs are too much when I have to send it to America. It's almost double the repair costs to send it over.

Any ideas on how I can do it myself?

I think you can re-lace most of the important parts yourself...fingers, web, etc. Go out and buy the new laces, and then you'll need a lacing needle and a pair of needle-nose pliers. When I did my DD's, as I pulled the old laces out through each hole, I just followed right behind with the new lace so I knew I was tracing the path correctly. I did all the fingers through to the thumb, the top & sides of the webbing. That tightened it up pretty good.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
FWIW: I tore the lacing that connects the fingers on my old Rawlings. No previous knowledge, just a fool with a tool, I relaced it in 30m.
I drew diagrams on a note card as I took apart the old one, so I could match that pattern.

Swapping out just that one lace made the glove feel much tighter and newer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma