Relocating to Pittsburgh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
Because of life circumstances unrelated to softball, I've just moved to Pittsburgh PA—two days ago in fact! I'm completely unfamiliar with the area and don't really know anyone here, so I was wondering if any members live in Pittsburgh. I'd love to connect just to meet people with a common interest, and of course I don't want to give up my involvement in teaching softball! Any tips, info, contacts, or even just a friendly hello would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd prefer.

Oct 10, 2011
I no longer live in that area, but I think you'll love it. The people in the Pittsburgh area are so nice:) Buy some black and gold and you'll make friends quickly!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Pittsburgh power is a big org. In the area, it might be a good contact for you, in the softball world. Welcome to the state of Pa., I myself am 3 hrs. away from there so I'm not a lot of help.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Your Close to OHIO too....probably a 45 min drive time can be easily in your range. Welcome to the Mid West :{))

Carly - Good luck in your new area. Before you venture into Ohio though, you should know 3 things: 1) PC is from OH; 2) his signature disclaimer is accurate; and, 3) he has his DD take BP in the kitchen/dining room and films her pitching from atop the roof.

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

Carly - Good luck in your new area. Before you venture into Ohio though, you should know 3 things: 1) PC is from OH; 2) his signature disclaimer is accurate; and, 3) he has his DD take BP in the kitchen/dining room and films her pitching from atop the roof.
Haha :) I'm actually pretty excited to be so close to Ohio. I can check a few more baseball stadiums off my bucket list!

Aug 29, 2012
Welcome to Pa Carly. Pittsburgh is a great place to live. Although its first and foremost a football town there are number quality softball programs in the region. Especially if you travel 1 hour southeast to Greensburg which is home to one of the top youth softball programs in the state, West Point LL. In terms of numbers there may not be same number of programs that there is in the Philly area, but they're there. On a side note, take in a Pirates game from union station. From there you take the short riverboat trip right to the banks along PNC park. IMO PNC is second to none with the Clemente bridge Pittsburgh skyline as a back drop. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck