Regression anybody? Please help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2019
Illinois
It would seem my daughter has all of the sudden forgot how to throw a softball. her fast ball lost 3 miles per hour since a week ago. Can any one help me on what to do?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
View attachment 14001View attachment 14002

Her posture is terrible. Note that her arm is six inches from her hip....there is no brush interference.

Brush interference is absolutely essential for control. Here is how it works: when the arm first brushes the body on the downward swing, that tells the brain where the arm is. This starts the release sequence.

Without brush interference, the brain does not know where the arm is. So, it slows down the arm, messing up the entire pitch.

As kids get older and stronger, brush interference becomes more important.

She needs to work on standing up straight and tall during her motion. She needs to bring her body to the arm (don't tell her to bring her arm to the body).

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
276e514d153a7d038d3e0015293416b3.jpg

For comparison: My daughter’s body position and brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She is taking the hips away from her release point, over rotating open. The back foot is is moving behind the body to much as a result.

She needs to keep the hips underneath her and bring them to the release point and not away causing her to bend over a little. Drive straight forward while opening up straight forward. Keep the hips underneath the body.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
[
She needs to work on standing up straight and tall during her motion. She needs to bring her body to the arm (don't tell her to bring her arm to the body).

She needs to bring the hips to the arm/release point. Keep the hips under her body. You are correct bring the body to the arm, specifically the hips. With the hips underneath, she will stand up straighter, not bend on release.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles