Rankings--

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2022
Rankings would be tough, throw in travel ages do not match up with grade. The best National org in our area has 90% first half bdays on their 09,10 teams. Then compounded again by Unicorns that can play up at high levels.
Also with 150 Ca Fl Tx would take 50 or better. That leaves 2 for remaining states.
Making the rankings should be a great honor. Not making them should not be taken as a sign of disrespect.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
By my calculations, a player can only say they are in the top 100 EI rankings if they land in the actual top 20 rankings. It seems there is, on average, at least 5 ties per ranking position. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It's sad, but these do impact a majority of the players and parents. DD played on an elite, gold, premier, national travel team and I can distinctly remember the parents getting upset when the rankings would come out.

Jun 8, 2016
By my calculations, a player can only say they are in the top 100 EI rankings if they land in the actual top 20 rankings. It seems there is, on average, at least 5 ties per ranking position. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It's sad, but these do impact a majority of the players and parents. DD played on an elite, gold, premier, national travel team and I can distinctly remember the parents getting upset when the rankings would come out.
EIS changed it so that there will be no ties going forward which means a lot more angry parents... :ROFLMAO:
Of course there are about 10 more outfits which do rankings so I am sure every kid can get ranked in at least one of them..just gotta keep trying :)

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
EIS changed it so that there will be no ties going forward which means a lot more angry parents... :ROFLMAO:
Of course there are about 10 more outfits which do rankings so I am sure every kid can get ranked in at least one of them..just gotta keep trying :)
Thanks for the update. DD was a 2022 so I am out of the rankings loop. I was an EI subscriber who paid because I enjoyed the ummm...articles. ;)

May 20, 2016
Whole thing is a joke and no need to care about it. Girl from our club was ranked in the 50's one year. She wasn't even in the top 5 at the position in our club at her age group, never mind the country.

Feb 15, 2017
EIS changed it so that there will be no ties going forward which means a lot more angry parents...
Pattar I'm going to start the Hittin Kittens ranking service. Please send that five dollars my way.

At least the ranking folks don't get shot, unlike on Music Row..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 17, 2023
I would be willing to bet coach submissions are the main way they happen.

Did anyone read the "my bad" article from EIS? Basically it was an Excel sorting error that caused a huge mess. What I found way more interesting is they essentially admitted the coaches rankings from the top organizations guide the process.

Also read the twitter thread from Eric Jones (Select Fastpitch) :oops:

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar I'm going to start the Hittin Kittens ranking service. Please send that five dollars my way.

At least the ranking folks don't get shot, unlike on Music Row..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
One of you anonymous users must be my wife..My 5 dollars is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole