pulling the trigger bunting help.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
I am looking for some advice/tips for hitting. Coaching a 10u team this year and i have 4 girls that have moved up from coaches pitch 3 girls that this is their first year and 5 players that have played 10u last fall.
What i am looking for is a way to get acrossed to them about pulling the trigger and also some beginner bunting drills.
Thanks

May 31, 2012
Candy for aggressive at bats. Bunting teach proper technique and repetition. Let em see as much live pitching as possible in practice. When doing front toss throw balls and strikes. Stress the importance of being aggressive.
When practicing bunting we draw a grid in front of the plate 2 pts for bunts down the lines and 1 pt for balls bunted towards pitcher.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Here is my advice. If you want aggressive hitters you as a coach have to accept batters swinging at some bad pitches. At this age a sharp word about swinging at bad pitches will take the aggression away from many hitters. They have to go to the plate thinking that every pitch is going to be good. You can teach them to hold up. But if they go up there thinking that they will not swing until they are sure itsa a good pitch. It's to late

Jun 19, 2012
Here is my advice. If you want aggressive hitters you as a coach have to accept batters swinging at some bad pitches. At this age a sharp word about swinging at bad pitches will take the aggression away from many hitters. They have to go to the plate thinking that every pitch is going to be good. You can teach them to hold up. But if they go up there thinking that they will not swing until they are sure itsa a good pitch. It's to late

I told them at the last practice I would rather them go down swinging than watching. I told them with two strikes they have to protect the plate hit anything close. Because I know at this age if they can keep fouling off pitches with two strikes they will walk fairly often. Now I just need them to believe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC