Out of State Tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 30, 2015
We'll be traveling out of state for our first tourney via airplane.

We won't have the luxury of all our creature comforts as we're used to being able to pack the car full! No folding chairs, no big coolers with all sorts of food/snacks, you know how it is.

What are good travel tips and tricks we can think about to make our lives a little easier?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Are you going to have a car when you get there? Scout out grocery stores ahead of time. Was out of state last month and relied on Google on the fly. It first took me to a sketchy inconvenience store in the middle of nowhere, then to a factory that manufactured food products. I had never heard of the grocery store chains in that area, so was pretty clueless. Not a Piggly Wiggly in sight.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We pack an old rolling bat bag with bats, a folding chair, a soft sided cooler, batting helmet and sunscreen. Check that bag and carry on everything else.

Dec 19, 2012
Get your rental car and then go to Walmart.

Cheap chairs ($7 each), styrofoam cooler ($3), snacks, sunscreen, etc.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A trip to Walmart is almost a given, but since we have to check a bag with the bats anyway, why not take advantage of the extra space in the bag and save a few $$$...

Dec 19, 2012
A trip to Walmart is almost a given, but since we have to check a bag with the bats anyway, why not take advantage of the extra space in the bag and save a few $$$...

My dd is a catcher. There is no extra space lol.

Jul 25, 2015
Dang a bunch of checking bags... Ship reasonable items to the hotel you are staying at, they will be waiting on you when you arrive... Requires a little planning ahead...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy